Dermal Filler/Lip Augmentation Aftercare
Lip Filler/ Dermal Fillers/Lip Augmentation
- Avoid Alcohol for 24hours before and after treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise 48hours
- Leave the injection sites alone. No poking or prodding. For at least 24 hours.
- No harsh facials/skincare- peels, retinols etc
- Avoid sleeping directly on treated areas.
- Avoid direct sunlight, this includes sunbeds for 2-4weeks. Avoid saunas and steam rooms for 2weeks.
- No hot showers for 24hours
- No Lip stick or makeup for 24hours post treatment.
- No smoking 1 hour before or after treatment.
- No SUNBEDS 24hours before lip treatments.
- Lumps and bumps can be a normal part of the process. Inflammation and swelling cause by trauma from the needle can last for up to 4 weeks. Fillers also can draw water in, causing them to swell intermittently.
- Bruising is normal, it can happen, it can last for a long time depending on how extensively you have bruised. Arnica gel is very effective.
ALWAYS MAKE CONTACT IF: FIRSTLY YOU ARE CONCERNED AT ALL MAKE CONTACT.
- Signs of infection, ooze, pain, discolouration, foul smelling, raised temperature etc
- Abnormal pain levels
- Worrying discolouration of the skin, pale paler. (not exclusive)
- Asymmetry is normal, no one is symmetrical, when we make subtle changes and focus on that area it can become more apparent. This isn’t something to worry about and something that’s usually easy to correct. Just let us know.
- There’s always the possibility you won’t like your treatment or the effects of the drug, its’ important to let us know, if we can help aid you in some way by trying to counteract side-effects or provide reassurance. Remember dermal fillers are not permanent and will be completely out of your system as per the time frame directed by your practitioner.
- Do not wait for our help in the evident of anaphylaxis, difficulty breathing, facial swelling, swollen tongue, itching, feeling very generally unwell, this is not an exclusive list. Ring 999 and get emergency help.
How to contact if you have any of these concerns in the following ways:
- 07852448787 text or call
- Message our business pages on Facebook or Instagram
- Email: email@example.com