Botox/Wrinkle Smoothing Aftercare
Botox/wrinkle smoothing- Botulinum Toxin
- Avoid Alcohol for 24hours before and after treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise 48hours
- Leave the injection sites alone. No poking or prodding. For at least 24 hours.
- No harsh facials/skincare- peels, retinols etc
- Avoid sleeping directly on treated areas.
- Avoid direct sunlight, this includes sunbeds for 2-4weeks. Avoid saunas and steam rooms for 2weeks.
- No hot showers for 24hours
- No tight fighting caps or hats for 24hours.
- Bruising, bleeding and swelling is normal, sometimes people can feel mild headaches.
- Swellings should subside in a few hours, bruising depending on how extensive can take more than 3-4days. Arnica cream can be applied and is very effective.
- There’s always the possibility you won’t like your treatment or the effects of the drug, its’ important to let us know, if we can help aid you in some way by trying to counteract side-effects or provide reassurance. Remember Botox isn’t permanent and will be completely out of your system in 3-4months.
- Do not wait for our help in the evident of anaphylaxis, difficulty breathing, facial swelling, swollen tongue, itching, feeling very generally unwell, this is not an exclusive list. Ring 999 and get emergency help.